Glass manufacturing and pressed glass components require precise control of pressure, temperature and flow.
From agitation problems in the tank due to poor flow control, repeatable force on the scoring wheel to tension control on the edge seamer, there are lots of hurdles to getting products like windshields past a quality inspection. Even if you pass those, you must ensure the variation in pressure from the cylinders to the nipper rollers doesn’t result in air bubbles within the PVB layer.
Our custom closed-loop electronic flow control valves and pressure controllers are hallmarks of repeatability and extreme precision. This allows your glass manufacturing line to continue operating at peak performance.
Closed-loop systems from Proportion-Air are custom fitted for a variety of applications within glass manufacturing:
- Rapid changes in pressure in bottle molding applications
- Mold cooling through the regulation of the flow of water or other cooling media
- Controlling air to maintain agitation in a tank of molten material
- Rapid adjustments to glass cutting machinery
- Adjusting tension on sanding belts
- Controlling force on nipper rollers during auto glass construction
- Polishing auto glass with the use of air cylinders
If you need to ensure extreme precision and repeatability throughout your glass manufacturing application, Proportion-Air can design a closed-loop electronic air pressure regulator or flow controller to meet your demanding environment.