Tire Bead Curing
Tire Bead Curing Procedure
This drawing shows a specific application we did to help a customer with their tire bead curing process. Simple, but stable pressure control was required, so we employed our QPV series for high resolution stability.
The procedure for this process:
- Close ball valve #1
- Charge 2700 cubic inch vessel with 33 psi (0.22 MPa) by opening ball valve #2
- Close ball valve #2
- Command QPV to 3.33 Vdc (30 psi (0.2 MPa) output pressure)
- Open ball valve #1 to allow Fairchild booster to vent off pressure
- QPV should maintain stable output pressure of 30 psi (0.2 MPa) within 0.5-1 second
- Vessel pressure sensor is used to verify PSI pressure level
The volume is fairly large, so a volume booster was added to increase flow potential. A constant bleed was also added to the volume booster to improve stability during fill.